Here is a list of things I am grateful for this week:
- We made it safely back to Kosovo, despite our initial trouble.
- It’s nice to hear Albanian again! Sierra and Chelsea (my friends/travel companions) said the same thing … we can understand what people are saying! Though I took French in high school, it’s been so long since I’ve spoken or heard it that it now sounds like pretty gibberish to me.
- We visited London for a day, and it was the first time in 6 months we’d been in an English-speaking country … I could read signs! I could understand overheard subway announcements! I could talk to bartenders! It was amazing.
- I got a haircut in Paris (and it was surprisingly cheaper than what I used to pay in Chicago). My last haircut was a $4 Euro job in Kosovo at the beginning of August. So, yeah, I was overdue for a professional trim and I lost about 2 inches. My hair looks so much healthier now.
- It’s nice to sleep in my own bed again. 🙂
- I ate McDonalds twice and Pizza Hut once. Feel free to judge me.