Wishlist (updated October 2017)
- A package of small paper plates, to use for a Thanksgiving craft I am planning at school
- A Hanes sweatshirt, size medium, any color. They’re about $6 at Walmart.
- Board games to play with my 12-year-old host cousin (who now lives with us), preferably ones that don’t require a high level of English (ideas: Connect Four, Sorry)
- Face Cleanser kit (see below)
- A bag of cotton balls
- Light-weight conditioner, any brand
- Tortilla chips and salsa! 🙂
You can send letters and packages to me at this address:
Str. Mujo Ulqinaku No. 3
A few things to note when sending a package:
- A 4-lbs. package will cost around $50 to send to Kosovo.
- Make sure you declare a “$0” value on the customs form, despite how much the package might actually be worth. Otherwise, I will have to pay a customs fee on my end. If the U.S. postal service tries to tell you that you have to declare at least $1 in value, do not listen to them.
Growing up in the Metro Detroit area, there was a spoof Christmas song they used to play on the radio. (I think it was set to “The Twelve Days of Christmas.”) The song detailed the horrors of holiday shopping. In the background, there was a little kid screaming, “Buy me something!” This has become an inside joke between my mom and me. Whenever one of us is going to the store, the other will fake-yell, “Buy me something!”
Speaking of buying me something, are you dying to send me a letter or a care package? Are you wondering what you should send me? 🙂 Here are some ideas.
If you send me anything at all, please for the love of Jesus, send me this:
I have oily, acne-prone skin, and this is the only product line I have ever used that keeps my skin clear. It’s about $18 at any big-box store.
- Food: Annie’s Mac and Cheese, tortilla chips, salsa, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Chex Mix Muddy Buddies, Hershey’s mini candybars
- Classroom: Stickers, puzzles, flash cards, index cards, small boxes of crayons, sidewalk chalk
- Hobbies: plastic “safety” eyes for crochet projects, yarn
- Toiletries: cotton balls, conditioner (any kind/brand)
- Miscellaneous: dog toys, Ziplock bags
- Amazon gift cards: You can buy and send them electronically! I can use them electronically! I will buy books for my Kindle with them. 🙂
If you’re planning to send something, please let me know so I can be on the lookout!